I keep seeing posts here on the group or on facebook that I expect Allen to comment on, but I know he won't. I think the level with which his online presence is missed is proof that you don't have to meet a person in real life to consider them a real friend.
-Kyle On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote: > Dear all, > > Last week Allen's memorial service was held in Mt Airy, MD. It was very > emotional as you can imagine, but it was also nice to meet most of Allen's > friends and family. I talked to his wife Kelly and grand mother Sandra > about Allen's important role in this group, about how he was for a few > years the main contributor and how much he helped everyone. They didn't > know much about this part of Allen's life. I promise them to compile > everyone's messages and condolences and send them so they can read it. Some > of you had already send messages. If anyone else would like to write I few > words about Allen's impact to our forum please consider doing it soon. I > will give maybe one more week before I compile all the emails. I would also > appreciate if you can keep it on this thread (i.e., do not change the > subject). > > Best regards, > Javier. > > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:20 AM, Neil Dantam <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> My condolences to Allen's family and friends. >> >> Best, >> -ntd >> >> >> On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 12:08:20 PM UTC-5, Javier Garcia wrote: >>> >>> Dear all, >>> >>> I am very sad to communicate that our great friend Allen Thomas has >>> passed at 12:12 this afternoon. As most of you know, Allen was had been >>> fighting cancer for more than a year now. Earlier this week, doctors gave >>> up on the treatment given the advanced stage of his illness, and shortly >>> after he went to the hospital with severe pain. Allen lived in Mt. Airy, >>> Maryland. He was married and was the father of two little girls. I can say >>> without a doubt he was the best friend I have found since I came to this >>> country 10 years ago, and I am sure we will all miss him tremendously. In >>> addition, Allen was probably one of the most prolific contributors in this >>> forum in the last few years, and always made a big effort to help everyone. >>> >>> He was truly one of a kind. >>> >>> Best, >>> Javier. >>> >>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
