So, I think that maybe I should focus more on countersteering, huh?

I use countersteering successfully on the main road in town, but the curves
aren't as sudden or as drastic as the one I went down on. Fortunately, the
speed limit was slower where I went down.

But countersteering needs to be second nature, and clearly it is not. I
drove the same route yesterday and it's pretty obvious that I should have
been going slower, but in the situation I was in, had I been confident and
ready to countersteer I would have easily made it through the corner.
Instead I panicked, focused my eyes on the side of the road, and you know
the rest.

Gonna hit the parking lot (not literally) once the bike (and I) is
road-ready again. Thanks for all the thoughts and support!

Dan