Yes to what Jim said. I didn't really know what it was when I dropped the
bike, and now realize that if I had known I could have easily avoided it. I
haven't had a chance to practice it on my bike yet because it still needs a
new gear shifter. But I tried it on a bicycle and it really works. I'm
going to need a lot of parking lot hours practicing this.

Here is a good start to understanding the concept:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/10/25/know-how-to-countersteer-correctly