You might also find some of these Pipeburn articles interesting.
https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cb750-nighthawk/build-list-custom-cafe-racer-bobber-chopper-bratstyle-modified/

-------- Original message --------From: 'mike21222' via Nighthawk Motorcycle
Lovers! <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com> Date: 7/11/18  9:01 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Lowering
front of bike
Here's a guide I found interesting on the subject.
https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/an-in-depth-guide-to-suspension-lowering

-------- Original message --------From: 'roidfingers' via Nighthawk Motorcycle
Lovers! <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com> Date: 7/9/18  3:58 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com> Subject:
Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Lowering front of bike
Yes, I know the geometry will change. I'm building a café racer and I'm
thinking if I go down an inch on the front and go to 13.5 shocks it will level
the bike out some. What you think about that idea?

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 2:42:59 PM UTC-5, Kyle Munz wrote:You can lower it a
little bit there, not much. The problem with lowering is you alter the geometry
of the bike as well as render the sidestand useless.

-Kyle

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:23 PM 'roidfingers' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!