Thanks guys.  That seems like sound advice.

It was mostly the relatively low pressure on cylinder 2 (105 psi) that made
me think I should tear into the top end.  But that seems to have remedied
itself somehow.  Hopefully, it isn't an intermittent valve sealing issue.
I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm still puzzled by the oily fluid that collects in the drain tube and
airbox.