I like Curt's point. We all have something to teach and we all have
something to learn. Linux, in general, and our user group, as well, is
designed to be something that everyone can participate in, from both a
learning and teaching perspective.

I'll admit that most of last week's presentation was over my head. I
enjoyed my time, though, and I'll go to the next meeting even if the
topic might be over my head, again.

I discovered something interesting a while back, when I gave a
presentation at NLUG. On a scale of 1-10, which 1 being "how do I burn
an ISO file" and 10 being "Linus Torvalds calls me for advice", I would
rate myself only a 3 or 4. That said, I had something to present at NLUG
because I thought it was interesting and thought others might find it
interesting as well.

I gave the presentation and a lot of people thanked me for it and said
that they might try that piece of software. For the most part, these
were people that were more advanced in Linux than I was. That was an
example, for me, of the amazing power that we all have as teachers and
as learners. Everyone has something that they can teach and everyone has
plenty that they can learn.

I say bring on the presentations at all skills levels. Some will be over
my head, some will be at my level, but I'll pick up something from all
of them, and I'll try to share something, too.

Chris