I want to get some hardware advise from the NLUG collective.

I'm about to build myself a new desktop system.  I'm going i7, with an
Asus motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131359

I'm unsure about the memory.  The motherboard I have chosen supports
over-clocked ram: DDR3 2000(O.C)/1600(O.C)/1333

When considering cost, stability, and cooling.. Is over-clocked ram
really worth it?

And finally, it seems like using over-clocked ram means I'd have to
give up half the memory slots for fans or heat sinks, is that true?

Thanks,

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/