The farrier my wife uses talked about another customer of his that has
one and is getting
'certified' in its use.  So he started taking pictures of horses.
There are lots of issues that
allows the horse having a 'temperature' to pick up problems before a
farrier or a vet can find
them otherwise.  Having 40 horses to take care of, being able to do
preemptive care would
be a real benefit.

yes, the 'big boy tools' I have heard of do use some cryogenic
cooling, and in the 'old days'
you could do some of this by using infrared film in a regular camera
along with some filters.
I just didn't know if some of this has 'transmuted' to the low cost arena.

Doing this for her would make me a hero for a day or so around here :)

><> ... Jack