If he got confused on which drive was which I could see the first half happening. I cannot fathom a reason switch, make shanges and reboot with both plugged in.. unless to see what would happen. In any case, your logic seems correct.
Maybe Rich will try it and let us know. W On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Chris McQuistion <[email protected]>wrote: > How exactly could this happen in the real world? > > I imagine that the most recently attached drive would be considered the > master by the RAID controller and would be used to rebuild the other drive, > but I'm just guessing since that seems to be the logical thing to do. > > Chris > > > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Richard Thomas <[email protected]>wrote: > >> I couldn't find an answer to this, possibly because it would be a retarded >> thing to do but I was just wondering... >> >> Say you had mirrored (say hardware) RAID with two drives. Reboot the >> system with one drive unplugged, make some changes then reboot with the >> other unplugged (and the unplugged one plugged back in), make some different >> changes then reboot with both drives plugged back in, what is the expected >> outcome (or is it controller dependent). >> >> Rich >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "NLUG" group. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >> [email protected]<nlug-talk%[email protected]> >> For more options, visit this group at >> http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "NLUG" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<nlug-talk%[email protected]> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
