Hey Richard.  Was this actual hardware raid, or a "fakeraid" controller?

Dave

On 2/2/11, Richard Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
> Some may remember I asked this question a while back:
>
> On 2/18/2010 12:16 PM, Richard Thomas wrote:
>> I couldn't find an answer to this, possibly because it would be a
>> retarded thing to do but I was just wondering...
>>
>> Say you had mirrored (say hardware) RAID with two drives. Reboot the
>> system with one drive unplugged, make some changes then reboot with
>> the other unplugged (and the unplugged one plugged back in), make some
>> different changes then reboot with both drives plugged back in, what
>> is the expected outcome (or is it controller dependent).
>>
>> Rich
>>
> Well, I had the opportunity to test this today as I powered up my system
> with only one drive plugged in. The answer is that the raid controller
> (onboard Nvidia chipset)  brought the drives up as *two* degraded arrays
> (once I plugged the other back in). I had to delete one array and add
> the released drive back to the other array. Smart enough. Unfortunately,
> I wasn't and deleted the wrong array but fortunately I didn't lose
> anything :)
>
> Rich
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "NLUG" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
>

-- 
Sent from my mobile device

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to