On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Don McMorris <[email protected]>wrote:

> I think you were on the right track, though.
>
> I'm assuming "SQL Server" refers to Microsoft SQL Server?
>
> Have you come across this in your searches?
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=392385


Yes, it's Microsoft SQL Server.  The article has a summary of instructions
I've seen elsewhere online, FreeTDS with DBD::Sybase version, which is the
most recommended that I've seen.

I've tried compiling DBD::Sybase (and I did read about compiling it to use
FreeTDS), but make gives lots of errors.  make install says it won't without
force...  I'm not sure, but I think it's something with ActivePerl.  They
don't have a DBD::Sybase module for download via ppm.  If it's a module that
would be fairly popular, normally this means it isn't possible, or at least
major modification may be required.  If it's esoteric, maybe there just
isn't enough demand to have it pre-compiled.

I didn't try hard to see what the problems compiling DBD::Sybase were, but
it may be a no-go with ActivePerl.  I'm using ActivePerl because I use
Komodo quite a lot.

Paul

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to