ok, so port is open as is the firewall... but we pretty much new that from isql connecting... so it has to be either ODBC or Perl... not sure I can help any further as I don't currently have any ideas...
Andy On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Paul Boniol <[email protected]> wrote: > On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Andrew Farnsworth <[email protected]>wrote: > >> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Paul Boniol <[email protected]>wrote: >> >>> telnet to port 1433 from windows does not show any response on the >>> screen. Same response under Linux. Not sure what SQL Server normally >>> sends/receives, but both connect fine. >>> >>> I don't have another source to connect to, but I could try making one. >>> >>> FreeTDS on the Linux box can connect to the server and run queries just >>> fine. (/usr/local/freetds/bin/tsql -S myserver -U myuser) >>> >>> To me, the error message sounds like unixODBC is not finding/executing >>> the libtdsodbc.so or something that it needs to execute. Is there a way to >>> try running a .so? Or is that like asking about executing a Perl module? >>> (Sorry its been too long, and I never really got into different forms of >>> compiled code on Linux.) Executing >>> /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so.0.0.0 produces a segfault. >>> >>> >> Paul, >> Try the same connection but to port 1434 and you should get an error >> message saying "unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused"... >> then try 1433 again and see if you get a black screen (connected) or the >> error message again. >> >> It does seem that this will not be the issue though since you got isql >> to connect... >> >> Good luck and keep us posted. >> >> Andy >> > > telnet to 1434 "Connecting To myserver.vanderbilt.edu..." > After about 30 sec , "Could not open connection to the host, on port 1434: > Connect failed (I believe the packets to port 1434 were dropped by a > firewall around the server, but I'm not in control & cannot monitor.) > telnet to 1433 black screen. > > Paul > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "NLUG" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<nlug-talk%[email protected]> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
