I was at Harbor Freight one day last year waiting at the counter while they
rebooted the cash register.  Everything started to look really familiar -
it was running Red Hat 9.  How old is that, again?  It did come up and
complete my purchase, but I was surprised it was running such an old distro.

Curt

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM, John F. Eldredge <[email protected]>wrote:

> Michael Chaney <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Jack Coats <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > I've seen similar on ATMs, and that get scary if it is your banks
> > unit.
> >
> > I have a picture of an ATM at Opryland a couple of weeks ago that was
> > having a hardware error forcing Windows to try to boot into safe mode,
> > fail, reboot, repeat.  I am amazed at someone being stupid enough to
> > use Windows as a platform for an ATM, although the issue it was having
> > was most likely unrelated to Windows.
> >
> > Michael
> > --
> > Michael Darrin Chaney, Sr.
> > [email protected]
> > http://www.michaelchaney.com/
> >
>
> Recently, I was pumping gas, and the power went off for a few seconds.
>  The pump rebooted itself, and I had to wait for two minutes or so of
> splash screens and bootup messages (including a couple of error messages)
> to scroll by, before I could resume pumping gas.
>
> --
> John F. Eldredge --  [email protected]
> "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not
> to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "NLUG" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to