On 08/08/2013 02:17 PM, Chris McQuistion wrote:
In my experience, VMware Converter doesn't work on Linux physical machines.

What I have used in the past is a VMware "Cold Clone" boot disk that I
could boot the physical server from and do a migration offline.  VMware
doesn't distribute that tool any more, but if you'll email me off-list,
I might be able to tell you where you can get that ISO file.

I've also used the instructions in the following article to "Virtualize
a Server with Minimal Downtime".  Those instructions are a little
involved, but the actual server downtime is minimal.


So for giggles, I just went to vShere and tried to boot the "failed" VM and it booted. Gonna look it over and see what I learn...

Howard

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to