Ken wrote:
> I noticed that test/install-mh/test-version-check is hanging for me on
> MacOS X.  Specifically, the "script" command on MacOS X seems to be
> the problem; for reasons I don't understand quite yet when "script" is
> run the input is set to /dev/null

I've found a Mac Mini I can SSH into, "15.6.0" if that means anything.
A git clone, brew install of a few things like openssl, and

    CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include \
    LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib \

has it `make all check' OK.

    All 105 tests behaved as expected (1 expected failure)
    (1 test was not run)

Just another data point.

On `make distcheck', the configure doesn't seem to have the original
environment overrides passed on to it.

    configure: error: openssl/ssl.h not found

Cheers, Ralph.