> On Oct 18, 2016, at 12:51 PM, Ken Hornstein <k...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed that test/install-mh/test-version-check is hanging for me
> on MacOS X.  Specifically, the "script" command on MacOS X seems to be
> the problem; for reasons I don't understand quite yet when "script" is
> run the input is set to /dev/null, and it turns out when THAT happens
> there is apparently a bug in that script that results in a tight loop
> where it keeps calling read(), getting an EOF, and then writing out
> 0 bytes to the pseudo-tty.
>
> I'm not sure what the solution is here; any ideas?

This sounds suspiciously like it's sandbox(7) related.  MacOS does some really
stupid things in the name of 'security'.  E.g., push a command into the
background, and MacOS revokes all network access to/from the process.  I wasted
a week at Flock, trying to figure out why our Mac buildbot slaves were
breaking, because of this stupidity.

--lyndon