Ken Hornstein wrote:

But ... one nasty problem raises it's head.  That is the lack of _time_.
We have plenty of great ideas, but those of us who want to implement
them all suffer from a lack of time to work on them.  Rewriting nmh in
Go seems like it would take a long time.  Slowly switching from C go Go
seems like it would introduce lots of negatives and maybe it wouldn't
even be possible.  I mean, if people have the time, please, have at it!
But understand why some of us are going to plod along with the existing
codebase for now.

if we wanted a better code base for the same graying user population, wouldn't we do a gradual rewrite in some well-disciplined subset of C++ instead?

--
P Vixie

--
Nmh-workers