tom wrote:
 > Ken Hornstein <k...@pobox.com> writes:
 > > I am subscribed, but occasionally I want to look at the archives.  I am
 > > not a member of any other list that is restricted to subscribers only.
 > > Are you actually arguing this makes sense?
 >
 > FWIW, I am on quite a few other lists that restrict their archives
 > to subscribers.  It's not that insane a policy, though I agree it
 > doesn't really seem necessary for exmh-users.
 >
 > If you want it changed, this is hardly the right list to be complaining
 > on.

of course, once one is on the right list, then one has access to
the archives, making the whole conversation, in the eyes of those
defending the policy, moot.  hard to have a rational conversation
about the issue in that context.

it's a dumb policy.  makes me think the people on the exmh list have
something to hide.

paul