Mark,

The only caveat I would add is that perhaps you shouldn't just plan
your minimum payment as your Spending Plan amount.

Rather, take a different approach--when do you want the debt paid
off?  What will you have to pay each month to make that happen?  Can
you make the sacrifices to achieve that goal?  Balance your sacrifices
and your debt pay-off goals, and prescribe that as the minimum amount
in MoneyWell.

I have found that when I don't plan for an expense (like Savings), and
just put away "what's left over," I don't have anything left over.
Money, like other things in life, is a limited resource with many
demands on it.  If we're not deliberate about how to use it, we will
find that we are using it in a way that we would not have planned had
we taken a more deliberate approach (I really wanted to pay off my Car
loan, but I didn't set the money aside, and instead went out to eat 25
out of 30 nights this month).  Therefore, my spending plan needs to be
a reflection of my priorities--if eliminating debt is a priority, plan
for that, and don't do it as an after-thought.

Now, you can still catch additional money on the back-side of the
month as well--if you have money left over.  But, I'd encourage you to
deliberately plan an amount that meets your goals and is doable within
your personal lifestyle, sacrifices, etc, when dealing with the
limited commodity that money is.

Blair