On Dec 21, 2008, at 7:01 PM, mhadja...@gmail.com wrote:

> Maybe i'm missing something, but my interest goes down each payment as
> I'm paying more towards principle. It also changes depending on how
> many days sooner my payment clears. The reason for tracking is to see
> how much money is leaving my checking account each month, as well as
> the remaining principle left to pay my auto loan.
>
> When I receive my statement, it tells me the prior months interest
> payment, which I tack on to the remaining auto loan balance. So the
> actual amount owed for my vehicle isn't exact, but its within 100
> bucks typically.
>
> I'm trying to learn this program and use it to my advantage, but I
> feel like i'm struggling more to figure this out and having to hold
> back from a lot of the 2.0 features.

The question I have is does your actual payment to the bank change
every payment? MoneyWell is really only concerned with your actual
cash flow (i.e. money coming in and going out ). My payments have a
portion towards principal and interest as well, but my "automobile"
budget is still my payment amount.

It took me a little while to get used to exactly what MoneyWell was
designed to help me with and that was getting a handle on my actual
cash expenditures and making sure I didn't spend more than I make. I
never even got into the advanced loan tracking features of things like
MS Money and Quicken and it still was a learning curve.

You might want to read up on the "envelope" budgeting method as this
is basically what MoneyWell mimics.

Patrick