You might want to consider a couple of paraphrased points that Kevin
has made (my words):
• MoneyWell is not quicken
• MoneyWell is designed to control spending
• You need to forget a large portion of the quicken method
• if you realy realy want to do things the quicken way you may not
want to use moneywell.

I struggled with the same things you are. I simply decided that I
needed to quit worrying about them and opted to look at it Kevin's
way.

As an alternative consider looking at your loan like a CC account.
Make an "interest" charge against the loan and reconcile it. A little
more work, but I think it will get what you want.

If you really want to stick to the quicken methods consider iBank. It
was the alternative I was looking at, but the buckets idea gives me a
lot of hope for finally sticking to a real budget (look at my
"epiphany" thread, it might help).

Jaysen