On Jan 16, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Jaysen wrote:

> Ok, by now you should know to use simple examples (which I am afraid
> this might be).
>
> In this example 31st is monday but is a holiday which means that the
> check hits on Friday the 27th. If I register the deposit on the 27th
> and allocate funds I need to set the number of day prior to 4.
>
> Is that right?
>
> What happens if I don't? I guess I assumed that the unused funds would
> roll over and I would just hit the allocate button again on the 1st.

Jaysen,

Wow, you are hard on yourself. :)

If you don't use that setting and your buckets are already full from
allocating previously in the month, then MoneyWell won't allocate any
more until the 1st. This just lets you tell MoneyWell to pretend it's
already next month and the buckets need to be filled again.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com
No Thirst Software LLC