On May 24, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Larry wrote:

> I have just downloaded MoneyWell and am trying to see how this tool
> will help me manage my finances. I believe I have a fairly good
> understanding of how to utilize MoneyWell, I am just not clear on how
> to handle assigning payments from my checking account towards my
> credit card and the credits on my credit card account.  In doing some
> looking around in the forum, it appears the method of choice is to
> utilize transfers.  I guess this would make sense to me if you could
> not direct download your credit card transactions.  I pay off my
> credit card balance monthly.  So on every bank statement I have a
> payment towards my credit card.  I do not now how to clear these from
> my unassigned SMART bucket after downloading without assigning to
> another bucket.  I would prefer not to create a dummy bucket.

Hi Larry,

As Lance stated, you can always set transactions to "Bucket Optional"
in the context menu for the transaction list.

> The only other thing I could think of trying, would be to delete the
> credits after the direct connect on my credit card account and use the
> transfer option from my checking to mimic the credit to my credit card
> account.  This might work but it seems you should not have to delete a
> transaction that actually belongs.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Any help in how to handle this issue would
> be greatly appreciated!

What I tend to do is to create a transfer when I make a payment and
then when I use the direct connect download to import transactions,
MoneyWell matches these up and merges the information properly. This
way I get the connected transfer and I don't have to manually delete
imported transactions.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com