On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Bgsosh <bgs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue we currently have in
> production.  Our node processes will sometimes suddenly spike in CPU usage,
> and then stay pegged at 100% until restarted.
>
> I'm not able to reproduce on development machine.  Could anyone offer any
> tips for tracking this down?  Any advice would be appreciated as I'm
> currently not getting enough sleep!
>
> Thank you
>
> Bg

`node --perf_basic_prof app.js`, then `perf top -p <pid>` when it
starts to busy-loop.

That assumes you run Linux and your copy of node is new enough to have
perf support.  If that isn't the case, you now have a good reason to
make the switch. :-)

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
New group rules: