Although it's a CPU issue, a heapdump could still be useful. There are ways
to do it, such as You can try to
get a dump once the CPU goes up and simply load it into Chrome dev tools -
to see what is going on, perhaps there's a hint.
If while at 100% you can't get a dump, you can try doing increments, like
every ten seconds or so and then see what changed closer to the problem.

Even better would be if you could run with debugger directly -something
like the new `node --inspect server.js`, but that depends on where your
servers are, how you run them etc.

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 3:53:03 PM UTC+2, Bgsosh wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue we currently have in
> production.  Our node processes will sometimes suddenly spike in CPU usage,
> and then stay pegged at 100% until restarted.
> I'm not able to reproduce on development machine.  Could anyone offer any
> tips for tracking this down?  Any advice would be appreciated as I'm
> currently not getting enough sleep!
> Thank you
> Bg

Job board: