On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:18:45 -0800, Jameson Rollins
<jroll...@finestructure.net> wrote:
> Hi, all.  I have pushed a new branch called "crypto" to my notmuch
> repository [0].  This branch provides full support for PGP/MIME signed
> and encrypted messages, including emacs UI support.  It has been applied
> on top of cworth's current master (21e97c50).  It includes the
> following:

For a signed and encrypted message, if the signing key can't be found,
one just gets:

 [ multipart/encrypted: decryption error ]

which is a bit mystifying.  At least gpg on the command line will
decrypt the message and print a warning about the signature.

All the best, and thanks for working on this,