On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:36:06 +0100, Stefan Schmidt <stefan at
datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
> Yup, I had the repo on my disk a week before Keith blogged about it. Just nice
> that it was going crazy that fast and people start using it and contributing
> it.

Yes, it's quite fun.

> > Though, frankly, I think we need to fix "notmuch new" to do much better
> > than 40 files/sec.
>
> As a sidenote. That one is on a notebook with a slow 5400 disk and crypt +
> lvm +
> ext3 on top. Perhaps I should put some money back for an X25 SSD. ;)

Sure. But I think we can still do a lot better even on your machine. :-)

> I have to admit it took me some time. Something like below should help?

Thanks so much! I committed this, (and then added a bit more
documentation on top of it).

> I think that's what I will try to get working here. Sounds the nearest
> solution
> to my problem. That in combination with the just merged tags-based-on-folders
> patch should make me a lot happier. :)

Well, do note that I just reverted that patch too. :-/

So you might want to cherry-pick it back (or even add the configuration
option that will let us push it back out again).

-Carl