Hi Murphy,

I am running on: Fedora 8 ( 2.6.24.4-64.fc8), gcc version 4.4.4, Python
2.5.1

Assuming that issue could be because of twisted/python, I installed twisted.

Now, I am getting the following errors:

*1)*
$>nox_core -i ptcp:
NOX 0.9.0(zaku)~full~beta (nox_core), compiled Feb  4 2011 15:18:51
Compiled with OpenFlow 0x01
00001|nox|ERR:Application 'python' description not found.

*2)*
if I provide libdir on cmdline, I get following

$>nox_core --libdir="/usr/local/bin/"
NOX 0.9.0(zaku)~full~beta (nox_core), compiled Feb  4 2011 15:18:51
Compiled with OpenFlow 0x01
00001|nox|ERR:Cannot change the state of 'python' to INSTALLED:
'python' ran into an error:
        Can't open a dynamic library: *
'/usr/local/bin/nox/coreapps/pyrtpyrt.so:* cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory' or *
'/usr/local/bin/nox/coreapps/pyrt.libs/pyrt.so:* cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory'

The paths which it has chosen has a "/" missing
*/usr/local/bin/nox/coreapps/pyrtpyrt.so
*should be /usr/local/bin/nox/coreapps*/pyrt/pyrt.so*
and *'/usr/local/bin/nox/coreapps/pyrt.libs/pyrt.so *should be
'/usr/local/bin/nox/coreapps/pyrt/*.libs/pyrt.so*

> For #2: All you should need to do is run switch or pyswitch to get similar
> functionality.  It will do learning switching between all ports on the
> switch.

And - how can I configure - paths/flows  if I know the static paths that I
want to allow in network, because as you suggested using pyswitch will make
it run in self learning mode.

basically, I want to know if there is a command line or conf file based
interface to instruct the switch to do something like allow this flow/ do
not allow this flow and send all new flows to controller. And in such a
case, do I need to write an application and register or is there an
interface in controller already there - to query such statistics?

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Vishal