Hi guys,

I've developed a NOX aplication which needs to use the topology component to discover the network topology. I've tested my application in a testbed of 6 Linksys WRT54GL running the OpenWRT Pantou firmware (without flowvisor) and it worked like a charm. Now I'm testing my aplication in a testbed of 5 NEC IP8800/S3640-24T2XW (with flowvisor) and the topology detection isn't working at all (the data struct is empty).

Since OpenFlow allows an application to run in different devices I've discarded the fact of using new switches as the cause of the error. Therefore I think flowvisor is causing the topology component not to run properly. Is this possible? Have you experienced any problems with flowvisor and NOX?

Thank you.

http://homestore.cisco.eu/store/ciscoeu/en_IE/pd/productID.241269400
http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/Pantou_:_OpenFlow_1.0_for_OpenWRT
http://yuba.stanford.edu/foswiki/bin/view/OpenFlow/Deployment/Vendor/NEC