If you do a packet dump at the flowvisor do you see vlan tags on these LLDP
packets returned to you?

I'm guessing the LLDP packets that are returned to you from the switch (Via
PACKET_IN) ) do not have VLAN tags correct? (The switch takes them off
since this switch isn't acting as a pure of switch. Only this one vlan is
being openflow controlled. )

This is the same reason why your controller does not need to know which
vlan tag you are using on the switch. When the controller sends a LLDP
packet to the switch the switch will output that packet on the correct port
and automatically add the tag for you.

You said this was working with out flowvisor right? If you run git branch
from the nox directory what does it say?

Aaron