From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 12:53 PM
To: npny@lists.panix.com
Subject: Re: NPNY: $312.01...

Just to play devil's advocate:

If you had a product for sale and you sold it for $100 and then went
onto a
website like Ebay (or Stubhub) and you saw that same exact product being
sold
by the person who bought it from you for $300-$500 (and the product
sold)
wouldn't you say to yourself, well that's what the product is worth
then.  If the
market will pay that much, then why aren't I charging that much?

I think these artists get sick and tired of seeing the scalpers make
more
money per ticket then they do.  And I don't blame them.  If he sold
these tickets
for $100, don't you think some fool would buy them off Ebay for 3 times
that?
   Or maybe 5 times that?  So why shouldn't that money go to the artist?

Just a different angle on it, that's all

Mike

PS - When I say "Some Fool" include me in that category... cause I've
been
there and I've done that.

<Moderator: If that was 90% tickets sold I would totally agree with this

line of thinking, but this is more like 10-20% of the ticket sales.

Not everyone is willing to pay these prices. -Derek>