A few comments:

1. Use NS Basic/CE 8. It makes a single installer that takes care of
installing your program as well as any dll file that are needed and
registry entries.

2. Put that installer (the .cab file that can optionally be produced) on
the storage card. Do what has to be done with your particular device so
it gets run on startup.

3. If you're running Window Mobile, relax. This doesn't affect you. This
issue is specific to industrial Windows CE device which have volatile memory.