Barry, There used to be a site run by Gerit Raith having plans for a cornemuse in F (alto kortholt) but I can't seem to track it down -- if you are interested in this windcap instrument I may be a ble to dig out the plans from an archive I have somewhere -- let me know if you would like me to search for them --

Ciao

Dave S

Barry Say wrote:
I am writing a reply to Malcolm's message, but in the meantime, I have a related question which I hope that readers of this list can help with.

The Northumbrian Smallpipes are unusual in that they have a very small bore compared to other instruments. Also, the tone holes are often the same size as the bore.

Is anyone aware of any other wind instruments contemporary or historical which have a bore comparable with the smallpipes or tone holes about the size of the bore?

Barry