     From: gibbonssoi...@aol.com <gibbonssoi...@aol.com>
     Subject: Re: [NSP] Re: schei greiss
     To: anth...@robbpipes.com, david...@pt.lu, nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu,
     j.gibb...@imperial.ac.uk
     Date: Wednesday, 4 November, 2009, 10:42 AM

   Maybe we should sort out the more literal dot-readers with more
   accurate notation.
   Notereader makes Hornpipes sound fairly good in 21/16, with dotted and
   undotted quavers alternating.
   12/8 is too jiggy, straight quavers have no pulse,
   and normal 'dotted 4/4' is lumpier than school custard was.

   Stuart's ideas on how jigs sound and should be played are more complex
   yet.

   A revised edition of the tunebook, Julia??

   John