Yes, interesting stuff and it does demonstrate what what enthusiasm and
stickability was needed not so very long ago to get anywhere with pipe-playing
and maintenance.

Who in earlier days could have imagined posting enquiries and receiving
valuable advice from international sources within an hour or so? The present
availability of pipes must have been unimaginable as well as the current
popularity of the instrument. Colin's reed-making videos shot by Steve Douglass
and placed on YouTube are an extraordinary resource and just one example of the
benefits of the Web. A demonstration is worth any amount of unsupported
description. And on that subject, any future NSP Instruction book will be
missing a huge opportunity if it doesn't point towards video examples  showing
in reality what static images and words can only suggest.

Yes, the reed-bank should be set up immediately! All reeds classified as to
their reed groups, and tea and biscuits for all donors.

Interesting to hear a bit of background on the reeding on Cut & Dry, a hugely
important album. Any further info about the pipes used would be really great!

Francis