     From: Colin <cwh...@santa-fe.freeserve.co.uk>
     Subject: [NSP] Re: Where hast thou been all the night?
     To: "Dartmouth NPS" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Friday, 5 November, 2010, 23:44

   Sound isn't a problem for me as (somehow) I have ABCNavigator set to
   play
   using something like a reedy violin ( I think it's set for harmonica)
   but
   I'm a little stuck on the tempo for this one (not that good reading the
   dots) and, when played, it raced away at a speed which I had no hope of
   matching on anything! Certainly not on the pipes or gurdy  without
   losing a
   finger or two.
   I'm possibly used to seeing a Q value (?) in the header of abc to set
   the
   tempo.
   It opened at 100 but, at 30, it sounds a rather nice tune.
   Any suggestions as to the tempo (another well known tune that's at the
   same
   tempo would do as I really don't know that much about abc either) :-)
   Thanks,
   Colin Hill