In that analysis I shared with you all there was something that I didn't
point out that I thought someone might spot.  The clubs that had
outperformed wages consistently in recent years had all been those that had
come from Championship to Premiership with the same manager.  Bolton with
Allardyce, Charlton with Curbishley and Birmingham under Bruce.

It's a double edged finding.  It suggested to me that continuity is
important but that managers forge their reputations based on that.  All
three are really trading off that one good stint with a club where they had
the chance to build a team of their own.  I thought that maybe Morgan had
already spotted this and so was due to keep the faith.

--
Boo! Clipboard out!