On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 01:11 15/10/2003, you wrote:
>
> >1.  the perl scripts were confused by the embedded spaces in the default
> >"c:\Program Files\.." install path.  In general, ConTeXt does not play
> >well for paths that have embedded spaces.
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/mswintex (just runsetuptex,bat in the
> path where it is)
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/linuxtex (run setuptex and generate formats)
>
> is the minimum that you need for context. For windows the trick is in using
> irun in the right way, i.e. either use a full path spec or something
> relative like ../../whatever (which is what i've done there); i didn't test
> it for "program files"

The other place where spaces cause problems is in the user's "HOME"
directory.  TeXLive looks in %HOME%/texmf, and texexec creates a
texfilename.tmp with a reference to %HOME%. On my brief foray into WinXP
the default HOME location had a space.  We are expecting a bunch of
Win9x users (currently with 4allTeX) to be converted to WinXP using
a departmental standard configuration, and I need a full TeX that will
play nicely with that (I did suggest that our users would be better
off running linux in vmware).

--
George N. White III  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada