On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 10:39:52AM +0200, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Matt Gushee wrote:
>
> >   COMMAND:    \setupheadertexts [] [section] [title] []
> >
> >   RESULT:     +--------------------+--------------------+
> >               | <title>            |          <section> |
> >               |                    |                    |

> > If you say there's a logical explanation for this, then I believe you.
>
> Hello Matt,
> isn't it logical, if you consider
> \setupheadertexts [odd-left] [odd-right] [even-left] [even-right] ?

Please explain why I should consider it that way. Most books in every
language I know of[*] are laid out with the even page on the left and
the odd page on the right. Furthermore, the ConTeXt manual says:

  Those who want more variations in headers and footers can use four
  instead of two arguments ....

    \setupfootertexts [even left] [even right] [odd left] [odd right]

So the order of arguments contradicts both the documentation and what I
think of as common sense.

NOTES:

* There are exceptions, of course. Other than English, languages I am
  familiar with are mainly Chinese and Japanese. Traditional books in
  those languages are laid out in the opposite direction to European
  books, but almost all contemporary books in China, and I think most in
  Japan, follow the Western practice. Besides, we're all gwailos here,
  aren't we?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.