Hi Patrick,

PG> if your TeX source is one file only, please do me a favour: try the
PG> TeX files on live.contextgarden.net and see if the output comes out
PG> right. If it doesn't, I'd like to know about it. If it does, please
PG> report on the list.

yes this works great. every change i make is directly visible after a
single texexec hit.

PG> Do you have write18 (texmf.cnf) enabled? How does your
PG> cont-sys.tex look like? What distribution do you use?

i use the LiveTeX PC version.

PG> I have (on live..) disabled write18, \runMPgraphicstrue
PG> and \runMPTEXgraphicstrue.

where do i do this?
in C:\texLive\texmf\tex\context\user\cont-sys.rme ?
and what do i type there?

Also i noticed a strange thing happening in the following file.
What i expect is a single line with a dotted label on each point of
the line. i see two lines, a single row of dots and two rows of
labels, one small one large...
You can tell that i'm not very good in telling the right thing to the
compiler :-)
but what should i tell?

--------

% interface=english output=pdftex

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext

\startuseMPgraphic{dummy}

drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled .1pt) ;

w0 := 0cm ; w1 := 0.4cm ; w2 := 0.9 cm ; w3 := 1.0cm ;
ww0 := 0.32cm ; ww1 := 0.4cm ; ww2 := 0.6cm ; ww3 := 0.8cm ;

path q ; q := (w0,w0)--(w0,ww0)--(w1,ww1)--(w2,ww2)--(w3,ww3)--(w3,w0)--cycle ;

pickup pencircle scaled 1mm ;
defaultscale := 0.5 ;
dotlabel.bot ("1" , point 1 of q) ;
dotlabel.bot ("2" , point 2 of q) ;
dotlabel.bot ("3" , point 3 of q) ;
dotlabel.bot ("4" , point 4 of q) ;

draw q ;

picture pic ; pic := currentpicture ;
draw pic scaled 3 ;

drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled .1pt withcolor .625yellow) ;
draw hlingrid(0, 5, 1, 3cm, 3cm) ;
draw vlingrid(0, 10, 1, 3cm, 3cm) ;

\stopuseMPgraphic

\useMPgraphic{dummy}

\stoptext

Floris van Manen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> VZ> Floris, you are not alone. I also have not find the quick solution. So I
> VZ> call texexec two times when working with MP graphics,
> VZ> color definitions, ... :-(
>
> running it twice is something i can live with, but if it will not
> solve the problem, then it is... what do i do wrong?

Vit and Floris,

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net