Hi Hans,

Looks like am never going to get out of my installation problems without getting the write way to do it.

Back to Bill's mc clain method, i have done the equivalent of this in XP:

mv cont-tmf.zip /usr/TeX/texmf
cd /usr/TeX/texmf
rm tex/context/base/*        # safer to clean out old files first
rm metapost/context/base/*   # ...also remove metafun files
rm metapost/context/*.mp     # ...and any from an obsolete version
unzip -a -L -o cont-tmf.zip  # overwrites existing files

# Edit texexec.ini afterwards?
cp context/config/texexec.rme context/config/texexec.ini

# Edit cont-sys.tex afterwards? Specifically: uncomment the line:
#
#   \autoloadmapfilestrue
#
# For Metapost use, make sure these lines are uncommented:
#
#   \runMPgraphicstrue
#   \runMPTEXgraphicstrue
#   \useMETAFUNformattrue
cp tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex

#
# Edit /usr/TeX/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and ensure that "shell_escape = t". This
# is what TeX people somewhat obscurely call "write18 enabled".
#

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux # root doesn't have this on my system

texhash
texexec --make en  # en = english
texexec --make --alone metafun
mv metafun.mem /usr/TeX/texmf-var/web2c/metafun.mem
texhash

exit # from "su root"

Now, nothing changed within my context version, still ConTeXt ver: 2003.9.25 fmt: 2004.8.17 int: english mes: english.

When i use a straight file (e.g AllInOneFile.tex) without the project structure another version of Context is used: ConTeXt ver: 2004.11.06 fmt: 2004.11.15 int: english mes: english

Things stay the same wether i use the --pdf option or not.

Many thanks :)

Dirar.