G.C.H.M. Verhaag wrote:
Hans Hagen wrote:

quite ancient ... (we now have pdftex > 1.20)

- remove the debian tex
- install tetex (3 beta)
- if needed update context

or

- fetch the minimal context linux tree from our website

(run setuptex in the root of it to enable that tree)

I'm afraid that I don't understand this! I'm not using Debian TeX, but installed TeXLive Ed.9 (2003) on my Debian (3.0r) based Linux box.

Am I right in saying that an installation of ConTeXt from TeXLive is incomplete? Do I really have to fetch the latest ConTeXt from PRAGMA ADE

TeX Live 2003 is 1.5 year old distribution. It is very fresh for (plain)TeX but mediaeval for ConTeXt. More over you can not combine TeX Live 2003 with today ConTeXt (if you have no deep insight).

What if I install TeXLive 2004?

Yes that is the solution (we have already recommended). Install TeX Live 2004 and (optionally) fresh ConTeXt (cont-tmf.zip).

Vit