Just a shot in the dark: I've been using texfont a lot these last weeks and have experienced that it will give you the error message "no afm files found" when, in fact, the error is somewhere else (in my case, there was a typo in the encoding used). I would suggest you run texfont on one font file at a time, don't use the *-shortcut for the time being. Moreover, are you sure that your system is finding texnansi.enc? What does
kpsewhich texnansi.enc
produce?
Finally: are the afm files in good standing? How did you produce them?

Best, good luck

Thomas