hmm, I have zero experience with Windows and wouldn't get near a computer running Windows if you payed me for it, but I guess there must be a central configuration file somewhere. On linux and unix systems, it's called texmf.cnf. That's where you define which tex-trees you have and in what order they should be searched. So if you want to have your new C/Context searched first, your C/Texlive second, one of them should be set as TEXMFLOCAL, the other as TEXMFMAIN. What does

kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFLOCAL

produce?