Dear list, dear Hraban,

> Le 7 janv. 2024 à 13:58, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> a écrit :
>
> Am 07.01.24 um 17:11 schrieb garulfo:
>> does this kind of poster would make sense ?
>> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Cover_Pages#Poster_01_-_proposal_for_Libre_Planet_2021
>
> Thank you, that looks good but it’s not what I had in mind.
>
> I meant a poster _about_ ConTeXt, not only made with our toolset (I have a
> stack of books for that). Maybe something about typography.
>
> Here’s how the DANTE booth at FrOSCon 2023 looked like:
> https://yemaya.fiee.net/s/qTkeXAmXmJeosJc
> (The “mindmap” diagram on the left shows projects supported by DANTE, in the
> middle a drawing by Duane Bibby, on the right a Tux with its TikZ source code
> in the back.)
> We also had posters that show the architecture of TeX/LaTeX, but they were
> seriously outdated.
>
> Some elements that might fit:
> – some example code (like from Mikael’s BachoTeX presentation)
> – anatomy of a word and a formula (with all those little boxes and measures),
> maybe also in Arabic
> – dodo & cow drawings from Mikael’s math manual
> – overview of layout areas (I re-made Sietse’s drawing from the wiki for my
> book)
> - workflow diagrams
> – parts of LuaMetaTeX
> – artwork by Eçir Baff (art-aleatoire.com)
> – Hans’ recent christmas card / memory game artwork
>
> But I don’t want just a wild collection of stuff, there should be something
> connecting them. It should be interesting to look at as well as basic
> information about ConTeXt.
> Hraban

The suite ConTeXt/Metafun is so powerful, and can do so much different things,
as already mentioned, that it can be difficult to present it in a coherent way.
Perhaps this angle is that Context is a real Swiss Army knife: not only can it
do lots of different things, it can do them very very well!
You can take (and or I can provide in PDF of) any artwork from
art-aleatoire.com <http://art-aleatoire.com/>, and if you wish/need I can
contribute to an « art » part !

Fabrice.

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /