> On 11 Jan 2024, at 19:15, vm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>

> On 11/01/2024 19:52, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> Here’s a preliminary schema of LMTX. What do you think?
>
> as is, it is difficult to understand where to look.
> what does is describe?
>
> e.g. what is the distinction between the 'source' (lua tex) and the
> 'resources' (fonts icc lib) and the 'frontend' (tex xml png ...mp)
> (no lua?)

Agreed.

In no particular order:

1. "ConTeXt" should be the biggest word - or as an obvious title for the
poster, away from the actual drawing.

2. Don't add the "MkXL" bit - it's a distracting detail that no one needs to
know at this stage. Also it looks like "Mk 40" in Roman numerals, or extra
large.

3. I though Hans had stopped using the TeX style capitalisation now i.e. just
"Context"?

4. It's not clear whether the intersecting boxes are simply decorative or meant
to present some sort of logical structure. I'm happy for it to be decorative,
in which case fewer labels might be better.

5. Similar to the box structure comment is that it's not clear which words I
should be looking at. Ask yourself: what word(s) do I want the viewer to
remember when they walk away?

6. Consider swapping the TeX and MetaPost circles so that Lua, MetaPost and TeX
are read left to right as they appear in the acronym LMTX. Perhaps invert the
"triangle" so that there are two circles at the top.

7. It doesn't really tell the viewer that Context is a typesetting system - it
looks like it is a system for producing XMLs and PDFs. (Which is what it is
but... much more)

8. Don't forget space for a URL and/or a QR code to the Contextgarden website.

Sorry if the above sounds harsh - not meant to be - just brain storming.

I have a suggestion though. Use the Christmas card code / memory game code to
produce patterns to use as the dots in the QR code? If the QR is large enough
for people to distinguish the individual dots then it would provide a talking
point? Or maybe have a copy of the card game to hand and challenge them to find
a randomly drawn card in the QR code?

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK