On Tue, 09 May 2006 11:09:43 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> On Mon, 08 May 2006 13:04:58 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Got big problems with the fonts that are no more found when using the
>> ruby
>> stuff. Since the unix stubs are crappy, I do this:
>>
>> ruby /usr/local/share/texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb
>> texexec.rb --pdf typefile.tex
>>
> this should be ok in this mornings version

Seems that the unix texmfstart stub is missing.

>> What's wrong?
>>
> maybe you need  to run mktexlsr

Doesn't help, and the required map files are here for a while (eg:
kpsewhich ec-base.map gives
/usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/pdftex/context/ec-base.map).

I tried to use the perl version, and now it tries to find stuff in dvipdfm
fonts, which plants:

Warning: pdfetex (file
/usr/local/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/original-base.map):
invalid entry for `fmvr8x': font file missing

It works if i remove (or rename) the dvipdfm directory.

What can i do to have ruby thing working, and pdftex fonts used instead of
dvipdfm ones?

Regards,
BG