Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2007-05-04 um 13:38 schrieb Jörg Hagmann:
>

>> I have a possibly off-topic and certainly naive question. But
>> unfortunately it's urgent, and a systematic search would take too
>> long:
>>
>> I just finished a 84 page document and sent it to the printer. They
>> say the fonts are not embedded. Is there a switch that allows me to
>> do that? If not, what else can I do?
>>

> You don't tell us which fonts you use and which TeX engine / output
> workflow.

I use gentium and -- for bold -- LinLibertine. I installed these fonts
myself with texfont.
The engine is pdftex (I think). I run "texmfstart texexec --pdf myfile.tex".
> If they're the basic PS fonts (Helvetica/Arial, Times, Courier) they
> don't get embedded by default, because every RIP *must* have them.
> Some printshop workflow software complains anyway (I get that very
> often at work), but you can ignore it in that special case.
>
> Otherwise, it may be your TeX fonts aren't installed properly and
> they're really not embedded or perhaps only as Type-3 pixel fonts.
>
> You can send me your PDF off-list, I'll check it.
>

> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
> Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

Prof.Dr.med. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics
Center of Biomedicine, University of Basel
Mattenstrasse 28
CH-4058 Basel
Switzerland
Phone +41 (0)61 267 3565