John Devereux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > Michael Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > >> I'm getting the following error when running this command: luatools -- >> ini --verbose --compile cont-en > > [...] > > Hi, I am getting a similar error on debian unstable. > > Following the instructions in the debian README.MarkIV when I get to: > > luatools --ini --compile --verbose cont-en > > I get the error > > ! LuaTeX error [string "luas"]:1: attempt to call field 'luafilechunk' > (a nil value). > > (full listing at end of mail). > > I have not run the ctxtools --update since I m not sure if is > appropriate for debian... > > Any ideas?
For the record, this now appears to be fixed thanks to help of Norbert and Mojca. [...] Hi Norbert, I updated debian and sure enough there is a new luatex - was that you? But this in itself did not fix things immediately. I then looked at /usr/local/share/texmf and now realise that this installation is not the debian one, it must have come from something off the website as you suspect. I got rid of it with a rm -rf. I then realised that my manual setting of TEXMF (suggested by Hans) was wrong - I was only setting it to /usr/local/share/texmf which omits most of tex. I think then when I generated the lua cache that is why it could not find the fonts. So I unset TEXMF and followed your README instructions again - and it is working now it seems! (I don't know whether the luatex update was needed or not). Anyway thank you very much for your help, and Mojca too. -- John Devereux ___________________________________________________________________________________ If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki! maillist : email@example.com / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net archive : https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/ wiki : http://contextgarden.net ___________________________________________________________________________________