Hi.

> Packaging ruby: you only unzip it and set the path.
> A stripped-down ruby: probably parsing (even if manually) ruby scripts
> from ConTeXt to determine which packages are needed, and delete the
> rest of the tree/ruby libraries :)
>
> I'm sure that not the whole 70 MB of ruby are needed to run ConTeXt.
>
> Mojca

Well, I strip the minimals to less than 30MB, removing all the fonts
except latin modern (in fact I can remove that 10mb too because I
fully depends on commercial fonts), and all the
pdftex/metapost/xetex/ruby/perl... stuff. Now LuaTeX and MKIV works
perfectly. Only one binary, LuaTeX, is in the ultraminimals.

If anyone is interested in that, I can mail it as attachment
personally (about 9mb bzip2 package).

BTW, Hans, why do LuaTeX still needs type1 format of LM fonts? please
check type-ini.tex. fonts like rm-lmr* can be substitude by opentype
format instead. Only math typefaces of the type1 font is needed now.
Maybe this is because the LuaTeX math mode support?

Yue Wang